Why it is important
People experience a sense of pleasure when viewing objects they find beautiful. People who think their city is beautiful are more happy. Beauty and aesthetics are among the most important factors in perceived community satisfaction. Aesthetic surroundings such as art in hallways make people connect. The effect of nature in the home and in the workplace serves to stimulate both the senses and the mind, improving mental cognition and performance.
|I am surrounded with beauty both at home and in the workplace.|
|My home is tidy.|
|I visit beautiful places.|
|My home is nicely decorated.|
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on beautiful environment
Send me reminder on email
Category: Environmental healthResearch
-  Carlino, G. A., Saiz, A. (2008) City Beautiful, Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Working Paper No. 08-22. View
-  Wikström, B. , Westerlund, E. and Erkkilä, J. (2012) The healthcare environment—The importance of aesthetic surroundings: Health professionals’ experiences from a surgical ward in Finland. Open Journal of Nursing, 2, 188-195. doi: 10.4236/ojn.2012.23029. View
-  Kevin Layden, et al., “Understanding the Pursuit of Happiness in Ten Major Cities,” Urban Affairs Review, November 2011. View
-  Neuroaesthetics - the-scientist.com. View
-  Bisco Werner 1996; Brethour 2007; Frank 2003; Pohmer 2008; Serwach 2008; Shibata, 2001, 2004; Yannick 2009
-  Beautiful Places: The Role of Perceived Aesthetic Beauty in Community Satisfaction. Richard Florida , Charlotta Mellander , Kevin Stolarick Regional Studies Vol. 45, Iss. 1, 2011. View
-  Glaeser, E. L., Kolko, J., Saiz, A. (2001) “Consumer City”, Journal of Economic Geography, 1:27-50.