Why it is important
Aerobic conditioning increases the duration that one can endure physical activity. It can help with heart disease, diabetes, anxiety and reduce cancer risk. It also has many non-medical benefits, such as improving mood, memory, brain function, alleviating fatigue and stabilizing sleeping patterns. It can improve a person's health and general well-being immensely as well as reducing chance of cancer and extending your longevity.
|I do 2 hour long sessions of low intensity training every week.|
|I exercise three times a week for at least one hour each time.|
|My training includes high intensity intervals.|
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on aerobic condition
Send me reminder on email
Category: Physical healthResearch
-  Sandra B. Chapman, Sina Aslan, Jeffrey S. Spence, Laura F. DeFina, Molly W. Keebler, Nyaz Didehbani, Hanzhang Lu. Shorter term aerobic exercise improves brain, cognition, and cardiovascular fitness in aging. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 2013; 5 DOI: 10.3389/fnagi.2013.00075 View
-  Myers, J. Exercise and Cardiovascular Health. Circulation. 2003;107:e2-e5. View
-  Aberg MA, Pedersen NL, Torén K, Svartengren M, Bäckstrand B, Johnsson T, Cooper-Kuhn CM, Aberg ND, Nilsson M, & Kuhn HG. (2009) Cardiovascular fitness is associated with cognition in young adulthood. (link is external) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. PMID: 19948959 View
-  Campbell KL, McTiernan A: Exercise and biomarkers for cancer prevention studies. J Nutr 2007, 137(1 Suppl):161S-169S. View
-  Am J Lifestyle Med. (2010). Aerobic Conditioning and Physical Activity. Sage Publications.