Why it is important
Ergonomics helps us to achieve safety, security and comfort and to maintain and improve our health. For people working in office environments this is typically about setting up one’s workstation in such a way that it lessens risk of headaches, eyestrains, back pain, neck pain and even bursitis or tendon problems that are often linked to doing the same tasks over and over again. Poor worksite design leads to fatigued, frustrated and hurting workers. Good work posture helps to prevent back disorders and other chronic injuries.
Recommended How-To articles
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on ergonomics
Send me reminder on email
Category: Occupational healthResearch
-  Punnett L, Fine LJ, Keyserling WM, Herrin GD, Chaffin DB . Back disorders and non-neutral trunk postures of automobile assembly workers. Scand J Work Environ Health 17(5):337–346
-  Takala E-P, Pehkonen I, Forsman M, Hansson G-A, Mathiassen SE, Neumann WP, Sjogaard G, Veiersted KB, Westgaard RH, Winkel J . Systematic evaluation of observational methods assessing biomechanical exposures at work. Scand J Work Environ Health I36(1):3–24.
-  Winkel J, Mathiassen SE . Assessment of physical work load in epidemiologic studies: concepts, issues and operational considerations. Ergonomics 37(6):979–988.
-  Japan Ergonomics Society. What is Ergonomics, Importance of Ergonomics and its Role in Society, View
-  webmd.com What is ergonomics? View