Why it is important
A good financial situation is important for personal health. It helps you absorb financial shocks that can potentially have devastating effects on your health and well-being. Good finances, up until a certain point, also make you feel more in control and you will be more flexible in your life so you are able to make choices and meet your personal goals which is important for happiness.
Recommended How-To articles
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on finances
Send me reminder on email
Category: Occupational healthResearch
-  Sharpe, D. 2007. “Health and wealth connections.” Journal of Personal Finance 6(4): 37-56. View
-  Choi, Laura. 2009. “Financial Stress and Its Physical Effects on Individuals and Communities.” Community Development Investment Review. San Francisco: Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. View
-  Shepell-fgi Research Group (2009) Financial Distress Impacts Health and Productivity: Employees Turning to EAP for Help View
-  O'Neill, Barbara and Sorhaindo, Benoit and Xiao, Jing Jian and Garman, E. Thomas, Financially Distressed Consumers: Their Financial Practices, Financial Well-Being, and Health. Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2005. View
-  Daniel Kahneman and Angus Deaton, “High Income Improves Evaluation of Life but Not Emotional Well-Being,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107, no. 38 (2010): 16489–93. View