Why it is important
Humor and laughter stimulates the immune system. Laughter reduces blood pressure and stress. Laughter is beneficial for social relationships, especially couple relationships. Humor helps you cope better with pain.
Recommended How-To articles
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on fun and laughter
Send me reminder on email
Category: Mental healthResearch
-  Bennett, M. P., & Lengacher, C. (2009). Humor and Laughter May Influence Health IV. Humor and Immune Function. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine?: eCAM, 6(2), 159–164. doi:10.1093/ecam/nem149. View
-  Berk, L. S., et al. (1989). Neuroendocrine and Stress Hormone Changes during Mirthful Laughter. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, 298, 390–96. View
-  Dillon, K.M., Minchoff, B., & Baker, K.H. (1985-86). Positive emotional states and enhancement of the immune system. International Journal of Psychiatry, 15(1), 13-18. View
-  Lauer, R. H., Lauer, J. C., & Kerr, S. T. (1990). The long-term marriage: Perception of stability and satisfaction. International Journal on Aging and Human Development, 31, 189–195.doi:10.2190=H4X7-9DVX-W2N1-D3BF. View
-  Weisenberg, M., et al. (1995). Humor as a cognitive technique for increasing pain tolerance. Pain, 63, 207-212. View
-  Nevo, O., et al. (1993). Humor and pain tolerance. International Journal of Humor Research, 6, 71-78