Why it is important
Humility is important for us to be able to work together and create a better society. Humble leaders are better liked and more effective. Humility has shown to help repair relationships and build stronger bonds between people. Understanding our connection with the cosmos helps us to have a perspective of life and to create a sustainable and peaceful world. Humility also helps us to deal with death. Humility during a life time also seem to be correlated with good health.
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Your private notes on humility
Send me reminder on email
Category: Spiritual healthResearch
-  LaBouff, J. P., Rowatt, W. C., Johnson, M. K., Tsang, J., McCullough Willerton, G. (2012). Humble persons are more helpful than less humble persons: Evidence from three studies. Journal of Positive Psychology, 7, 16-29. View
-  Owens, B. P. & Hekman, D. (2012). Modeling how to grow: An inductive examination of humble leader behaviors, contingencies, and outcomes. Academy of Management Journal, 5: 787-818. View
-  Johnson, M.K., Rowatt, W. C., & Petrini, L. (2011). A new trait on the market: Honesty-Humility as a unique predictor of job performance ratings. Personality and Individual Differences, 50, pp. 857-862. View
-  Davis, D. E., Worthington, E. L., Jr., Hook, J. N., Emmons, R. A., Hill, P. C., Bollinger, R. A., & Van Tongeren, D. R. (2013). Humility and the development and repair of social bonds: Two longitudinal studies. Self and Identity, 12, 58–77. View
-  Kesebir, P. (2014) Personality Processes and Individual Differences - A Quiet Ego Quiets Death Anxiety: Humility as an Existential Anxiety Buffer by in: Journal of personality and social psychology (Washington, DC : American Psychological Association), Vol. 106, No. 4 (2014), p. 610-623. View
-  Krause, N. (2012). Religious involvement, humility, and change in self-rated health over time. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 40, 199–210. View
-  Hook, J. N., Davis, D. E., Owen, J., Worthington, E. L., Jr., & Utsey, S. O. (2013). Cultural humility: Measuring openness to culturally diverse clients. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 60, 353-366.
-  Collins, J. (2001). Good to great: Why some companies make the leap… and others don’t. New York: HarperBusiness.