I avoid irritants such as strong perfume.
I avoid dyes in cosmetics and cleaning products.
I avoid allergens (if you have proven allergies).
I use gloves when working with items that can irritate the skin.
I use skin moisturizers before my hands become itchy or dry.
I have good housekeeping.
I avoid extreme heat and cold.
I avoid hazardous substances.
I clean or replace contaminated clothing.
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Private notes on 'avoiding irritants'
Avoiding irritants helps in combating inflammation. Increased inflammation may play a role in depression..
Prolonged or repeated exposure to weak irritants or a single exposure to stronger irritants may result in lasting health effects such as (irritative) eczema, asthma or coughing.
-  Depression Is Associated With High Levels of C-Reactive Protein and Low Levels of Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide: Results From the 2007-2012 National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys. Cepeda MS, Stang P, Makadia R. J Clin Psychiatry. 2016 Dec;77(12):1666-1671. doi: 10.4088/JCP.15m10267.
-  Setiawan E, Wilson AA, Mizrahi R, Rusjan PM, Miler L, Rajkowska G, Suridjan I, Kennedy JL, Rekkas PV, Houle S, Meyer JH. Role of Translocator Protein Density, a Marker of Neuroinflammation, in the Brain During Major Depressive Episodes. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72(3):268-275. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2014.2427
-  EU-OSHA, European Union information agency for occupational safety and health View
-  Ternesten-Hasséus, E., Larsson, S. & Millqvist, E. Symptoms induced by environmental irritants and health-related quality of life in patients with chronic cough - A cross-sectional study. Cough 7, 6 (2011). View
-  Klauder JV, Brown H. Experimental Studies in Eczema: i. Study of the sensibility of the skin of rabbits to chemical irritants under experimentally induced conditions. arch derm syphilol. 1925;11(3):283–302. doi:10.1001/archderm.1925.02370030002001