I set both short and long term goals.
I set goals that I care about, goals that I actually want to achieve.
I am always open to constructive criticism regarding my goals.
I don't set completely unrealistic goals.
I have goals for my own personal development.
I break large goals up into smaller sub-goals.
I have goals for my personal and social life.
I have career goals.
I have plans for my retirement.
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Private notes on 'goals'
Having goals contribute to health and well-being. Achievement of goals is predictive of health and life satisfaction. Pre-committing yourself to difficult goals in organizations can lead to increased performance. Impediments to goals pursuit is associated with a reduction in well-being.
-  Hooker, K., & Siegler, I. C. (1993). Life goals, satisfaction, and self-rated health: Preliminary findings. Experimental Aging Research, 19(1), 97–110. View
-  Ariely, Dan, & Wertenbroch, Klaus (2002). Procrastination, Deadlines, and Performance: Self-Control by Precommitment. Psychological Science, 13 (3), 219-224 DOI: 10.1111/1467-9280.00441. View
-  Emmons, R.A. (1986). Personal strivings: An approach to personality and subjective wellbeing. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51 (5), 1058-1068. View
-  Ingrid, B., Majda, R., & Dubravka, M. (2009). Life goals and well-being: Are extrinsic aspirations always detrimental to well-being? Psychological Topics, 18(2), 317-334. View
-  Affleck, G., Tennen, H., Urrows, S., Higgins, P., Abeles, M., Hall, C., et al (1998). Fibromyalgia and women’s pursuit of personal goals: A daily process analysis. Health Psychology, 17, 40–47. View
-  Brunstein, J. C. (1993). Personal goals and subjective well-being: A longitudinal study. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 65, 1061–1070. View
-  Harris, C., Daniels, K., & Briner, R. B. (2003). A daily diary study of goals and affective well-being at work. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 76, 401–410. View
-  King, L., Richards, J. H., & Stemmerich, E. (1998). Daily goals, life goals and worst fears: Means, ends and subjective well-being. Journal of Personality, 66, 713–744. View
-  Emmons, R. A., & King, L. A. (1988). Conflict among personal strivings: Immediate and long-term implications for psychological and physical well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54, 1040–1048. View