I remind myself of my strong sides.
I celebrate my successes.
I have evaluated my own self-esteem.
I investigate and deal with my sources of low self-esteem.
My self-worth is based on my values, my character and my contributions.
I learn from mistakes and move on.
I don’t compare myself to others.
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Private notes on 'self-esteem'
Positive self-esteem is a predictor of good physical and mental health. People with higher self-esteem often report having happier and more satisfying lives. They’re more confident about their abilities to cope with problems and take on new challenges, and also more likely to approach new people to make friends. High self-esteem often acts as a protective factor, helping people deal more effectively with common stressors in life. Positive self-esteem protects older adults from health problems.
Recommended How-To articles
-  Seeman, Seeman (1983) Journal of Health and Social Behavior. Vol. 24, No. 2 (Jun., 1983), pp. 144-160. View
-  Jenifer Crocker (2002): The Costs of seeking self-esteem. Journal of Social issues Vol (58) Issue 3,pages 597-615, January 2002. View
-  Liu SY, Wrosch C, Miller GE, Pruessner JC. Self-esteem change and diurnal cortisol secretion in older adulthood. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2014 Mar;41:111-20. doi: 10.1016/j.psyneuen.2013.12.010. Epub 2013 Dec 22. PubMed PMID: 24495612. View
-  Li HC, Chan SL, Chung OK, Chui ML. Relationships among mental health, self-esteem and physical health in Chinese adolescents: an exploratory study. J Health Psychol. 2010 Jan;15(1):96-106. doi: 10.1177/1359105309342601. PMID: 20064888 View
-  Reitzes DC, Mutran EJ. Self and health: factors that encourage self-esteem and functional health. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 2006; 61B(1):S44-S51. View
-  Self-Esteem Issues - PsychSolve, New Harbinger Publications. View
-  Baumeister, R. F., Campbell , J. D., Krueger, J.I., & Vohs, K.D. (2003).Does high self-esteem cause better performance, interpersonal success, or healthier lifestyles? Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 4 (1). pp. 1-44 View
-  Pyszcynski, T., Greenberg, J., Solomon, S., Arndt, J., Schimel, J., (2004).Why Do People Need Self-Esteem? A Theoretical and Empirical Review. Psychological Bulletin 130(3), pp. 435-468