I remind myself weekly of my values, positive sides and successes.
I have positive thoughts as soon as I wake up.
I talk positively to myself when I am facing a difficult situation
I kill negative thoughts with positive self affirmations
My self affirmations are believable and relevant to me
Discuss this health aspect with others. Ask questions and get answers.
Private notes on 'self affirmation'
Self-affirmation supports sustained happiness and meaning. Self-affirmation operates as part of a psychological immune system. Self-affirmation can improve problem-solving performance during stress. Self-affirmation bolsters one’s self-image and helps us deal with threats to our self-integrity.
Recommended How-To articles
-  Creswell JD, Dutcher JM, Klein WMP, Harris PR, Levine JM (2013) Self-Affirmation Improves Problem-Solving under Stress. PLoS ONE 8(5): e62593. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0062593
-  L. Legault, T. Al-Khindi, M. Inzlicht. Preserving Integrity in the Face of Performance Threat: Self-Affirmation Enhances Neurophysiological Responsiveness to Errors. Psychological Science, 2012; DOI: 10.1177/0956797612448483
-  Steele, C. (1988). The psychology of self-affirmation: Sustaining the integrity of the self. In L. Berkowitz (Ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology (Vol. 21, pp. 261-302). New York, NY: Academic Press.
-  Nelson, S. K., Fuller, J. A. K., Choi, I., & Lyubomirsky, S. (2014). Beyond self-protection: Self-affirmation benefits hedonic and eudaimonic well-being. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 40, 998-1011. View
-  Gilbert, D. T., Pinel, E. C., Wilson, T. D., Blumberg, S. J., & Wheatley, T. P. (1998). Immune neglect: A source of durability bias in affective forecasting. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 75, 617-638.
-  Sherman, D. K., & Hartson, K. A. (2011). Reconciling selfprotection with self-improvement: Self-affirmation theory. In M. D. Alicke & C. Sedikides (Eds.), Handbook of selfenhancement and self-protection (pp. 128-151). New York, NY: Guilford Press.